There is no discrimination in homelessness - it affects all races, religions, and ages.
Five ways to give back:
- Buy a meal for a homeless person - the Bay Area streets are full of homeless people and the count is growing daily.
- Prepare for and distribute much needed hygiene products to the homeless - create bags of personal hygiene products for either/or both females and males.
- Distribute blankets, socks, thermals, etc., to the homeless - the cold and raining days and nights are the most challenging times for a homeless person.
- Prepare for and distribute meal bags to the homeless - create lunch bags with items such as a sandwich, fruit, vegetable, and water.
- Support the Serenity House, a recovery facility for women and transitional aged youth who have been victims of sexual assault, childhood abuse, domestic violence, homelessness, and human trafficking, and who struggle with substance abuse. The Serenity House provides them with housing, counseling, and all the tools necessary for them to heal and transform their lives. Serenity House mission - Changing Lives One Woman at a Time.
10% of all sales is donated to the Serenity House. You can help by purchasing items on Joyceanne's website and/or consigning clothing with us. You can also donate directly to the Serenity House via its website at serenityhouse680.org or call (510) 891-0464.